Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: "Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository."

djozsef November 2, 2021

I cannot add my SSH key to my account because of this: "Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository."

I have checked all the places (company user, all the repositories I see etc.) but this key is not associated to none of the repositories nor users I know of.

I have tried to SSH bitbucket.org, but is does not say any details:

$ ssh -T git@bitbucket.org
authenticated via ssh key.

You can use git to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled

The identity used for SSH authentication is correct> I have a single SSH key (available from ssh-agent, stored on a gpg card).

Could anybody please suggest/help how to remove my public key from places I do not have access to?

No, using multiple SSH keys is not an option. 

Thank you

7 answers

2 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2022

Hi everyone,

If you came across this question because you are facing the same error, we want to ensure you get help. We ask that you please create a new question through https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/bitbucket-questions

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Answer accepted
djozsef November 10, 2021

The solution was provided by Atlassian support. They can tell you what account/repo is your key assigned to. Then you can contact the owner and ask to remove it.

fv-jordan November 10, 2021

Okay, awesome thank you for your reply!

1 vote
fv-jordan November 10, 2021

Hey! I am having the same problem currently. When I run 

I receive: 

I don't have another ssh key and would prefer not to create a new one. Is there a solution?

fv-jordan November 19, 2021

hey @Theodora Boudale 

as @djozsef recommended I sent in a request for support help last week but have not yet heard back. Is there any way you could expedite the process by creating a support ticket for me as well? I appreciate any help!

Thank you!

Jordan

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2021

Hi @fv-jordan

Your support ticket was created with a team other than Bitbucket Cloud support, I reached out to them and they've transferred your ticket to the appropriate team.

Could you please share in the support ticket the public SSH key you are trying to add? If we have the public key, we can then search in our system and see which account or repo(s) it is associated with.

Kind regards,
Theodora

fv-jordan November 22, 2021

Hey @Thedora Duncan thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it :)

Should I expect to receive an email for the support ticket in order to add the my public key there? I haven't received any emails or notifications as of yet and am not sure how else to find the support ticket.

Thank you again!

Jordan

0 votes
Misha Kvach
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 3, 2022

Hey! I am having the same problem when I try to run 

I receive: 

I don't remember which account uses my key, can you please help?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2022

Hi @Misha Kvach,

There is no Bitbucket Cloud account in our system with the same email as your community account. We won't be able to share any details regarding your SSH key if the email used for the support ticket doesn't have access to the account or repo(s) in question.

I assume you have a Bitbucket Cloud account with a different email where you are trying to add the SSH key?
If so, could you please log in https://community.atlassian.com/ using that email and leave a comment here? I will then be able to view that account's email and can proceed with creating a support ticket using that email.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
_henrik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 3, 2022

@Theodora Boudale I have the same problem. Could you also create a support ticket for me?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2022

Hi @_henrik ,

I created a support ticket for you using the email of your community account, you should have received an email with a link to the support ticket.

Please leave a comment in the support ticket with the public SSH key you are trying to add, so the engineer working on the ticket can check where this key has been added to.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like _henrik likes this
0 votes
Leszek Kledzik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 28, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale i have the same situation. When i'm trying to add SSH key i got error message:

Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository.

when i type in terminal 

ssh -T git@bitbucket.org

i got a message 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 1, 2022

Hi @Leszek Kledzik,

I have created a support ticket for you using the email of your community account, you should have received an email with a link to the ticket.

The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, so you can leave a comment there and share the public SSH key. An engineer from Bitbucket Cloud support team can then check where this SSH key has been added to.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2021

Hi @djozsef,

I created a support ticket for you for this issue, using the email of your community account. You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket (in case you haven't, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket URL here).

The support ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, so:
- You can share in the support ticket the public SSH key you are trying to add
- The support engineer working on your ticket can check which repo(s) it is associated with
- If it is associated with a repo you have access to, they can give you the repo(s) URL

If you have admin access to the repo(s) this key is added to, you will be able to remove the SSH key yourself. If you don't have admin access, you can ask the owner or another admin of the repo(s) to remove the SSH key.

Kind regards,
Theodora

djozsef November 3, 2021

Hello Theodora,

Thanks a lot. I'll share my public key right away at the support ticket. I'll keep the community informed about the resolution here if there would be any useful information.

Like ikefrancis likes this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events