Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack and Bitbucket cloud - mute option

Simon Johnson April 16, 2018

Hi,

Is it possible for you to build the option to mute Bitbucket cloud in Slack? Or can it be done already?

Our devs like using it but even being choosy it spams the channel, so it would be useful for some to be able t mute it and others to be able to not.

Slack support pointed me to here :) 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2020

Hi @Simon Johnson , I realize that this is quite an old thread but I'd like to update you with some information on how you can manage your Slack notifications from Jira and Bitbucket.

Firstly, we added some configuration options on getting notified by the Jira app in Direct Messages (DMs). You can use /jira notify in Slack to get started - the bot will guide you through getting personal notifications set up. These notifications go directly to you when actions happen that affect you in Jira, as opposed to more general notifications to a Slack channel.

image.png
(pictured: the message you get from the app after sending /jira notify in Slack)

These notifications can be toggled individually, and you can receive notifications from multiple Jira sites (if you work in multiple sites) into one Slack workspace using the same configuration.

Secondly, Slack added a feature in August 2020 that allows you to mute DMs with apps. In the past, a suggested workaround for getting "ignore-able" notifications from Jira was to set up a dedicated channel with the app, use a project subscription to get messages for one or more projects you were interested in, and then mute the channel. Now you can use /jira notify for these messages and simply mute the app. This will work just the same with the Bitbucket app if you've got it configured to send direct messages.

image.png

We hope that these changes help you configure Slack and Atlassian notifications to your taste and make your work easier.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events