Simple question on groups management

Hello. My company is migrating from GitHub to Stash.

I think that for management purposes it would be nice if regular users (project creators)  could create groups or at least add other users to a group. Otherwise, the management of groups is confined to the administrators of Stash.

I see that regular users (project creators) cannot add users to a group. Only administrators can. Is that right?

What can I do? I don't want administrators to be the bottleneck in the process of giving permissions (we only have 3 administrators of Stash).

3 answers

You can make a user a "Project Administrator".  They can then add users or groups to have permissions on those projects.

I think Mario is asking on how to manage the 'groups' per se, not manage the project permission using groups. Unless I misunderstood it.

I have raised this concern with Atlassian (I can't find the ticket in my queue) and they said they are not implementing the feature where in project admins can manage 'groups' which is limited to system admins. You may want to create another ticket for them and see if they budge this time.

This is something I would like to see as well. An addition complication is that if you are using a read-only user directory such as an LDAP or AD connection then you can't create Groups in the Stash user directory, even as an administrator, if any of the members of the group come from the read-only directory.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

635 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot