Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Changes - erroneous meta-data

craig.bradshaw June 14, 2016

I'm impressed with the Salesforce Development cookbook, but one thing I can't get my head around is how you manage some of the meta-data that the Dev Save Changes plan will pull down (maybe I'm missing something). Most package.xml files will contain profiles - for my org - when I currently fetch metadata using Ant (manually) it pulls down so much info including some inclusions that we can't deploy (but salesforce seems to add) like Social-Persona info - that I need to manually remove or exclude from GIT. How might you handle this in an automated workflow ?

4 answers

0 votes
craig.bradshaw June 22, 2016

Thanks Mark. Interesting reading. I'll have a play about with that some of what Alex suggests. 

I've pulled together the meta-data retrieve which works well. Always seem to get unexpected/different results when using tools like MavensMate - the Ant retrieval works well tho.

Thanks pointing me a that blogg.

0 votes
Mark Klinski June 15, 2016

@craig.bradshaw, Profiles are indeed a bit tricky. As such, we've decided to not to track Profiles in our metadata repos currently (ie. our production package.xml doesn't include Profiles). There are some creative approaches to dealing with Profiles, though. For example, Alexander Brett has some code for Salesforce deployments that deals with Profiles a bit more gracefully.

0 votes
craig.bradshaw June 14, 2016

It's to do with this cook book : 

https://developer.atlassian.com/sfdc

and I'm trying to figure out if I want to apply some of the workflow discussed to my suite of Atlassian products to support our salesforce CI process. 

We currently use Bitbucket and Bamboo to automate our build but it has some issues that I'm trying to address. So I'm after some insight form those that created this wiki. 

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2016

Ah, ok, that makes good sense.  I'm afraid I'm not qualified to tell you much beyond that I know several places that use Salesforce and have adopted some or all of the stuff you've seen in the video.

What are the issues you are having with Bitbucket and Bamboo though?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2016

Could you explain what this has to do with an Atlassian product?

Are you using the Salesforce connector for a start?  If not, then what have you integrated with Atlassian stuff and how?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events