Restoring stash with backup/restore client

Jim Winsor October 10, 2013

We use an external SQL Server database for our stash instance. It isn't totally clear in this configuration whether or not the database must be backed up separately, and what preparation must be done to restore stash from a backup generated by the client.

I have attempted to test a restore from a stash backup, starting with an empty stash-home and database (on our SQL server), which the stash-backup.properties file has been modified to reflect. The restore ran for a few seconds, then issued a statement to the effect of "verifying the database before restoring". It's been sitting in this state for over an hour.

Any guidence on how I would need to verify a backup would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jim Winsor August 14, 2014

We ultimately had to move away from the backup client due to the size of the stash filesystem, and the amount of time it was taking to back it up. We couldn't afford to have stash locked for that duration.

We now backup the stash filesystem and database separately using traditional backup technologies, coordinating the time of the backups

0 votes
Wei Wang December 17, 2013

I have same issue.

Some data are missing after restore.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events