Respository size is over limit, needs server-side garbage collection?

satrapal January 4, 2022

Hello, my repository with three active branches has been increasing with some commits and I wanted/needed to decrease It's size. I already undo last two commit's where was big files, but repo is still over limit. Locally has code about 270MB.

May I ask for triggering server-side garbage collection, please?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2022

Hi, @satrapal! Welcome to the community! 

I found a repository that was showing 4 GB, so I believe this is the repo you were referring to, is that correct? If that’s the case, I ran the GC against this repo, but the size didn’t change.

Could you please confirm the steps you have followed to reduce its size locally? Have you pushed these changes to the remote repository (by running git push --force)?

In case you would like to read more about that, you can access the following documentation:

Please, feel free to share any additional information regarding this case. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

satrapal January 5, 2022

Hello Caroline, I really don't know where exactly was problem, but when I tried create fresh new repository (it's in the same project with "2" at the end of repository name) and pushed here all data from original repo with all branches and history everything is now ok here and capacity of repo is about 230MB.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2022

Hi, @satrapal

Thanks for getting back to us! I'm glad to know you were able to solve the problem. 

Please feel free to create any other questions you might have in the future. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events