Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository size exceeds limit 2 GB. We have deleted some data but it is not reflecting in repo

venkat December 8, 2020

Hi We are gettign issue tepository size exceeds limit 2 GB. We have deleted some data but it is not reflecting in repo still shows same size.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2020

Hi @venkat ,

I see that you opened a support ticket for this as well, I went ahead and ran a git gc for the repository you specified in the support ticket and its size now is 1023.3 MB.

Could you please clarify how you deleted data in the repo?

If you commit file deletions, this will not remove any large files from the repo's history and it won't affect the repo's size.

The way to remove files from the repo's history would be by rewriting history, either with git filter-branch or with a tool like BFG. You can find more info on both here:

In both cases, a git gc will be needed on the remote repo after you push a history rewrite, for the old refs to get removed and for the repo's size to get reduced. You can contact us in this case (if you plan to rewrite history to reduce the repo size further) and we can run it again.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events