Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository Language for Terraform/HCL

Tim Chaffin June 16, 2022

I am using Bitbucket Cloud to manage our Terraform Configuration as Code source. Additionally, I'm using Bitbucket pipelines to perform the CI/CD steps.

In the Repository Details → Advanced → Language drop down box, I do not see a selection for Terraform or HCL. Is there existing selection that is appropriate for Terraform? If a selection does not already exist, where can I submit a suggestion to Atlassian to support this language?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2022

This discussion talks about how to submit feature requests for Bitbucket: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/How-do-you-make-a-feature-request-for-bitbucket/qaq-p/2026680

Looks like if you're on the Standard or Premium plan you can submit your request in a support ticket.

Tim Chaffin June 20, 2022

On your suggestion, I sent some feedback in through my Bitbucket account directly.

To confirm, there is not any HCL / Terraform language support, to this date, correct?

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

It doesn't appear so, currently.

There is a request already gathering interest.  You may want to upvote this request or at least keep track of it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-21102

Like Tim Chaffin likes this
Tim Chaffin June 20, 2022

Awesome! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events