Removing an user

Prabir Senapati November 11, 2021

I am requesting you a particular user account complete removal from an Workspace in Bitbucket.
Can you please remove completely for me the User "<name removed due to privacy reasons>" as seen below. I am not able to find where to remove it. Please mind to remove that single particular user only NOT the Workspace.

The workspace url is <URL removed due to privacy reasons> 

2 answers

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2021

Hi, @Prabir Senapati! Welcome to the community! 

Checking the workspace you shared here, we can see that this is a personal workspace, not managed, that belongs to the user you would like to remove; they are the admin/owner of this account, so we can’t remove this user from this workspace.

As you can see in this public article, Bitbucket Cloud account ownership and data access, the account ownership is verified based on the Primary email address associated with the Bitbucket Cloud account, this also includes the Primary billing user email address in case its different from the primary email on the account. In this case, the ownership of this account belongs to this user.

As you mentioned this user is no longer present, if you have admin access over the repositories, what you can do is transfer the repository ownership to a new account (the transferred repository loses all access groups and doesn't inherit the destination account's default access groups. You'll have to set those on the repository after the transfer).

In order to transfer the repository ownership, you can follow the next steps:

• Access the repository you want to transfer > click Repository settings in the left menu.

• Select the option Manage repository > click Transfer repository.

• Enter the Workspace ID of the workspace in which you want to transfer the repository.

• Click Transfer. 

• Then, Bitbucket will send an email to the new owner or workspace administrators containing the transfer request with a link to the page that allows the user to accept or reject the transfer. 

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Prabir Senapati November 14, 2021

Thanks much Caroline. You are right the user to be removed is the one who first created this a/c or workspace. The person is not present now and gave me admin rights. So I will follow as you said above and see. ~ Thanks again!

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2021

Hi, Prabir! 

I'm glad to know the information was useful to you. Please feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

0 votes
Prabir Senapati November 11, 2021

*** Forget to mention with the original question/request, that pls note that the user/member is the site admin of that workspace and no longer present. So need to remove.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events