Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreate/reinstall elasticsearch in AWS image

Oliver Smith November 23, 2021

I've been running a BB Server in AWS for a while, and I'd experimented with offloading the elastic search to a different host, but after a while I realized the utilization was ridiculously low.

I re-enabled search in the server image and followed directions for reindexing:
Rebuild the Elasticsearch indexes for Bitbucket Server | Bitbucket Data Center and Server | Atlassian Documentation
Reindex a specific repository for Code Search | Bitbucket Data Center and Server | Atlassian Documentation

despite following both sets of instructions a couple of times and restarting the entire server, it just looks like it isn't bootstrapping the elastic search data:

```

# Identify the repo id

bituser@bitbucket$ more shared/data/repositories/1/repository-config
#>***********************************************
# THIS FILE IS MAINTAINED BY ATLASSIAN BITBUCKET
# IT CONTAINS NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS.
#>***********************************************
[bitbucket]
hierarchy = 4f96aade7422dcded681

```

and trying

```

curl -u bitbucket -X GET http://localhost:7992/bitbucket-index-state/indexstate/1

{"_index":"bitbucket-index-state","_type":"indexstate","_id":"1","found":false}

```

and likewise for all the other repositories.

How can I trigger a re-bootstrap and rebuild of the elastic search index locally in this image?

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2021

Hi Oliver,

Go take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/bitbucket-server-code-search-is-unable-to-find-results-from-some-or-all-repositories-858783145.html and see if the instructions there help you get your repos reindexed.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events