Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Recover repositories without email account access

Hi,

I created a bitbucket account years ago, and since using it, the domain name where my email address was, has lapsed and been taken over by another.

Ive tried recovering using the email address, but it is sent (of course) to the email at the domain I no longer own.

Ive emailed the same address directly to see if anyone picked it up, but no reply after timing out resending.

Is there anyway I can recover access to my account as I have quite a number of key repositories there, and Im desperate to get them back. 

Ive moved on 2 laptops since and dont have local copies any more.

any help would be so gratefully received. I tried through support and they said to create another account here and post the question to the community.

Thankyou

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Simon,

I assume that your question concerns a Bitbucket Cloud account (https://bitbucket.org/)?

The following community article explains in detail how we verify account ownership in Bitbucket Cloud, what the support team can help with, what we cannot help with, and recovery options:

If this was a non-managed account and you remember its password, you should still be able to log in to the account even if you don't have access to its primary email address and transfer any repos to another Bitbucket Cloud account of yours that you have access.

I'm afraid that we cannot change the email of an account when a request is coming from an email that is not associated with this account, as the email is used to verify ownership.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,257 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you