Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover a workspace

ikaromarlon April 21, 2020

I created the team jsit months ago, but I never used it and probably I left it without deleting. Now as Bitbucket changed the teams concept to workspaces I'd like to use this name again but I can't because it already exists and seems to belongs to no one. How can I solve this problem?

2 answers

0 votes
Yana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2020

Hi @ikaromarlon 

The workspace you have provided as a reference is actually associated with an email address, it was not created as a team account in the past. Also the age of that account is much older than a month old, so I suspect that you have provided the incorrect account name. 

My suggestion would be to reach out to us via the support ticket, because then we can ask you the details to help you locate the account and gain access to it again if possible. 

Please email us at: support@bitbucket.org and we will be happy to take a look for you.

Thank you,

Yana

Bitbucket Cloud Senior Support Engineer 

Abraham Moïse ANABA NGONO November 15, 2020

Hello there. Thanks for this answer, because I have now the same problem.

I'm also having two Bitbucket accounts and I created a workspace with one, in place of the other. So I wanted to delete it and create it with the other account, but I accidentally leave it.

Now, this workspace is without owner and I don't know how to get it back. Please, I absolutely have to use that name and this happened less than one hour ago.

Can someone help here ? Thank you.

Yana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2020

Hi @Abraham Moïse ANABA NGONO 

We will be happy to help you and provide guidance. 

Please reach out to us from our support portal, by creating a ticket with Bitbucket cloud: 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 

Please make sure you share with us your details around workspaces you have created in the past so we can investigate. 

Since community is public forum - for any account specific details, we have to communicate on a private support ticket. 

Thank you. 

Yana

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

If you log in with the same account you created it with, you should find you have admin rights.

If you're using a different account, or can't remember which account you used to create it, then you'll need to get in touch with Atlassian ( https://support.atlassian.com/contact is the start point).  They'll want to check some stuff with you before enabling your admin log in, to demonstrate that you are the owner.

ikaromarlon April 22, 2020

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-. I will contact Atlassian because I have two Bitbucket accounts for different purposes, but none of them have administrator rights in this workspace and I am sure that I created it with one of them. As I said, I left the workspace with both accounts without deleting it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

I'm sure they will be able to identify the admin account and get your access back one way or another!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events