Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reclaim school account via SSH key

Jakub Fojtík
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2023

I registered using a school account and lost access since. I still have the SSH key through which I can push & pull to/from specific repos.

Could you merge my accounts please? Or is there a way I could list my repos via the key so I can download them at least?

Proof: Repo git@bitbucket.org:workspace-id/repo.git
Latest commit 4cfee7531d341fb005017d329dde1c92e37e6899
Says: this is me: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Reclaim-school-account-via-SSH-key/qaq-p/2369946

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2023

Hi Jakub,

We do not make email changes to an account when someone reaches out to us from an email that is not associated at all with said account.

If you have an app password for this account with at least Repositories: Read permissions, you can use it in combination with the account's username in an API call to the following endpoint:

This will list all repositories in a certain workspace. I'm afraid that it is not possible to use SSH keys to retrieve the list of repos. If you want access to that account, you will need to contact the school and ask them to provide you access to that account's email address.

Just a heads up, I removed the repo details from your post to comply with our privacy policy.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events