Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project actions logging.

Semyazz January 14, 2013

Where are logs in Stash? I'm not talking about low-level logs of web server, but I'm talking about logs for typical actions like:

User X granted access to project ABC to User Y.

I think it's the must have feature in each enterprise. In each enterprise everyone has to know WHO, WHEN and to WHAT get access, so is this feature hidden somewhere or it's planned?

If there is such feature in the web interface, so in which file can i see these logs?

1 answer

0 votes
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

Only the low level logs from the web server are currently available.

We have plans to implement further logging within the application in the future, but as far as I know, there hasn't been a feature request raised so far.

Semyazz January 14, 2013

But can I find actions like "Acces Granted to user..." in that low level logs?

Semyazz January 14, 2013

I already checked it. There is no clear and easy way to get information about this. I don't know why, but I think it's required for each enterprise to have a feature like that. There is always someone who wants to know "A": when project was created, "B": who and when get access to that. It's a basic principle of proper security and an enterprise software has to represent high security level. I know that Stash is (or maybe I'm wrong) younger than for example: Gitorious, but they have "Activities" and everything is clear and easy. Manager can log in, look at that logs and stay happy.

It would be nice to have such feature in Stash, because right now it is disqualified as an enterprise software. Who cares about permissions, if someone can get access to a project, clone whole repository and remove access without being noticed by anyone.

Am I right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events