Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Workspaces Lost

mapofemergence July 27, 2022

Hi all,

I use Bitbucket unfrequently, since I'm not a developer full time, to manage a few personal (pivate) projects.

Today, after logging into Bitbucket Cloud (which I used with no problem end of May, this year), I found that all my repositories, workspaces, projects, added members, basically EVERY info associated to my account is missing and my profile shows as a freshly created one.

My repositories seem to be still tracked by Sourcetree: if I go to "Remote repositories" (via the "plus" button on the top bar) they're all still listed.
I also seem to be able to push commits to origin.

If I try to go the repository page (via the "Remote" button on any Sourcetree's repository toolbar), though, I get:

Repository not found

The requested repository either does not exist or you do not have access. If you believe this repository exists and you have access, make sure you're authenticated.
Return to the previous page or go back to your dashboard.

I'm not sure if this is relevant info but, because I had no longer access to the email address originally associated to my account, at some point (before I last accessed my repositories online in May) I changed it to a new email address to log into Bitbucket.

I tried to log in using the older email address, as suggested in replies to posts flagging issues similar to mine, but with no success (I get presented a new page, as if I was registering a new user).

Could someone please help me with getting back to see my profile as it was and regain access to my work?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2022

Hey @mapofemergence 

Welcome to the community!

I can see that you recently created a new Bitbucket account, which is why you can't locate your old repository.

I believe you are using a different email address for your account; hence you can push/pull your local copy because it's using a different Bitbucket account.

Since you are using Sourcetree, I suggest you go to Sourcetree settings or Preferences and click the Account tab to identify which account Sourcetree is currently using. From there, you may need to determine if you have a different email address that you previously registered with us and try to sign in.

If you still can't locate your account, please get back to me with the repository URL that your Sourcetree currently has, and I can try to find which repository it belongs to.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Syahrul

mapofemergence July 30, 2022

hey @Syahrul
  you are absolutely right; my bad, like other users who asked a similar question (and whose posts I only found after writing mine), the problem was indeed that I was using the wrong email address.

For future reference, though, may I ask you some clarifications about what you were suggesting me to do in Sourcetree?

I had tried going to:
Tools > Options > Authentication (is that what you meant by "go to Sourcetree settings or preferences and click the Account tab"? I couldn't find the specific terms you mentioned in the menus)
But there is only mention of my Username there (which I cannot use for loggin in, anymore); I could/can not find the associated email anywhere in that tab, which is why I was struggling to figure that out in the first place.

Was/am I missing something?
Thank you

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2022

Hey @mapofemergence 

Glad to hear that.

I asked you to check on the Sourcetree Account tab to identify the username of the one it's currently using.

If it's different than the one you created, then that verifies the idea of your Sourcetree using a different Bitbucket account and to see if that helps you remember your old account.

That said, knowing the repository URL or previous username would help us locate the old account if anyone else is having this similar issue.

I hope this clarifies.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events