Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with two step verification and new mobile device

bci-darayau September 9, 2019

Hello everybody, I need your help. 

I can't log in with my Bitbucket account, because I didn't remove the older mobile device in settings account. Now I've got a new mobile device and I can't  check in the two steps verificactions due this mobile device has not been add in my account.

How can I delete the older mobile device and add the new one to configure with two step verifications to login in bitbucket again?

I'll wait for your answers.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2019

Hi there, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you still have the SSH keys that you used to set up the two-step verification in the first place, you'll be able to get recovery codes to access your Bitbucket account. To do so you can run the following in your teminal:

ssh git@bitbucket.org recovery_codes

Once you acces your account, you can disable two-step verification for your old device and add the new one. The instructions can be found at Two-step verification.

Let us know if that helps you.

Best regards,

Ana

bci-darayau September 10, 2019

Hi Ana!

Thank you for your answer. But what if I don´t have the recovery codes? Is there a way to disable the old mobile device anyway?

Best regards!

Daniel.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2019

Hi Daniel,

In that case we can help you out. I've created a Support ticket for you and one of my colleagues will assist you with the recovery. You'll find an email in your inbox.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Cheers,

Ana

Like Atla venkata prasadu likes this
bci-darayau September 10, 2019

Hi Ana,

Finally I could log in again with my account and disabled two step verification.

Thank you for your time and help.

Best regards!

Daniel

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2019

Hey Daniel, so glad to hear that :D 

If there's anything else we can help you with in the future, don't hesitate to reach out to us again! And if this issue is solved, you can mark the answer as 'accepted'.

Have a nice day,

Ana

Atla venkata prasadu September 8, 2020

HI Ana,

I am also facing the same issue can you please help me to solve ..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events