Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while creating "issue"

Timofey Teterin December 11, 2021

Hello! When creating a issue and assigning a person responsible for solving it, I can't find a teammate in the list (I enter everything correctly). One immediately shows with the tag "teammate". There is no second one. However, it outputs a lot of other users.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Timofey Teterin,

I can see in our system a Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your community account, the workspace associated with your user has some public repos.

1. Could you please confirm if the issue is occurring with one of these public repos?
  2. If so, is the issue tracker public as well?
  3. I see two users with access to these repos.
    One of the users seems to have as Full Name both first and last name, while the second user has as Full Name only a first name (I am not mentioning the actual names for privacy reasons).
    Could you please let me know which of the two you have trouble adding as an assignee?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Timofey Teterin December 14, 2021

You all assume correctly. There is a problem with a user whose first name is written without a last name.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Timofey Teterin,

Thank you for your reply. I've triggered a sync between our systems for this user and repositories, could you please give it another try now and let me know if you can find the user when you type their name in the Assignee field?

If the issue persists, could you please clarify if you see other users for the name you type, but not your teammate?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Timofey Teterin December 14, 2021

All its working now. Thank you so much! 

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2021

That's good to hear, thank you for the update!

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2021

Hi @Timofey Teterin

Welcome to the community.

If the user cannot be found is possible that the permissions to be an assignable user has not be set properly. Link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-project-permissions-938847145.html

Someone such as a project admin or sys admin can assist.

Also make sure that the user has a jira license.

Regards 

Timofey Teterin December 13, 2021

We are not working in jira. The user I want to assign is also the repository administrator.

Timofey Teterin December 13, 2021

It worked once. In the rest, it simply does not find the necessary one in the array of all users.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

My bad.  I thought this was jira related.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events