Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when cloning bitbucket repo: HTTP/2 stream 0 was not closed cleanly

Saeid Ghouli February 4, 2019

Dear friends,

Hello.
I have problem cloning any file to my computer... It just tells me:

Error: fatal: unable to access 'repo': HTTP/2 stream 0 was not closed cleanly: STREAM_CLOSED (err 5)

Btw, I am new to Bitbucket and Git and I do not know any technical thing about them.
Your help is so much appreciated.

2 answers

4 votes
Elias Rahmani September 29, 2019

Hi Saeid and all fellow developers from Iran who come down with this issue, If you are using SourceTree git GUI, you are able to add your proxy setting by checking it in this directory:

Tools>Options then network tab and check this option:

- Add proxy server configuration to git/mercurial.

And if you are on Linux, you need to set a DNS server for such purpose.

Best wishes

Anicka January 22, 2022

Hi

thank you for your information. would you please tell me how can I fix this issue on Linux?

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2019

Hi Saeid, welcome to the Community

Error messages like "empty reply", "stream not closed cleanly", and "connection closed by remote host" suggest that something in the network between your system and Bitbucket is preventing traffic. Are you using a proxy of some kind?

Best regards,

Ana

Saeid Ghouli February 6, 2019

Hello Ana, thank you for your response!

Yes, since I live in Iran and cannot access Bitbucket with normal internet connection, I need to use VPN to do so. Can you please help me on how to connect to Bitbucket without problem?

Best Regards,

Saeid

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2019

Hi Saeid, in this case you'll need to contact your VPN provider to know what is causing this connection issue. Since they're causing the problem, they should be able to help you establish a good connection or provide a workaround.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Saeid Ghouli February 6, 2019

Thank you Ana.

But I think the VPN providers would not take any responsibilities.

Thank you anyway, I would find a way myself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events