Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipelines is giving me a no such file or directory error. What path should I use?

Yash Joshi April 9, 2021

I am new to pipelines and think its a great tool. I ran into an issue when setting up the call to do docker build. Here is the error I get,

ADD ./impl/build/libs/impl-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar experience-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jarService 'springboot' failed to build: ADD failed: stat /var/lib/docker/165536.165536/tmp/docker-builder004596674/impl/build/libs/impl-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar: no such file or directory

Here is my pipeline file:

branches:
master:
- step:
image: openjdk:14
name: Build springBoot
script:
- ./gradlew clean build --refresh-dependencies
caches:
- gradle
- step:
name: Build and Test
script:
- docker-compose build
services:
- docker
caches:
- docker

The Pipeline breaks for step 2, while performing the docker-compose task. In my docker compose I call this Docker File which adds the Springboot output from the ./gradleBuild to the current location of the Docker Image. 

Here is my dockerFile,

FROM openjdk:14

ADD ./impl/build/libs/impl-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar experience-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

EXPOSE 5000

ENTRYPOINT ["java", "-jar", "experience-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar"]

When Pipelines performs the docker-compose and reaches the Add ./impl/build it isn't able to find the right path. What path should I be pointing it to?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yash Joshi April 9, 2021

Got the path to work. Because I have 2 steps and the second step is dependent on the first one, I had to export the Jar that was built from the ./gradle build as an artifact that could be consumed by the second step. More information can be found here :

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/use-artifacts-in-steps/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events