Password for Microsoft Account?

andrewcli26 February 10, 2021

So my Atlassian account was signed up with Microsoft instead of creating a new account. How would I go commiting my code to BitBucket since I technically don't have a password. The password for my Microsoft account didn't work and I couldn't change it either from the Atlassian settings.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

You could create App password in your personal settings and it can be used for authentication.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

FYI,

Password can be changed here

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security

Thanks,
Pramodh

Like Aaron Feleke likes this
andrewcli26 February 10, 2021

Yes, but how can I make it one that I want to set. The password made is completely random and hard to remember

Like Jan Simek likes this
Wilens_ Martin _UT-ET_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2023

changing password while signed up with Microsoft is hard as you have no current password. I tried the App password but also no luck for me

0 votes
Khaoula EL MANSOURI
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 2, 2024

Log out from your account then click on this:

Capture.PNG

you will receive an email where you can change your password without an old password.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events