Overview page in Confluence is not updated

e_capili May 12, 2020

Hello! 

So I'm currently doing our project's home page in Confluence and this ought to be in the Overview page of the project's space. I made a draft for the home page using the updated version (see first pic) of confluence page. But now that I'm trying to transfer it to the overview page, it looks far from how I made it (see second pic) as the Overview page is still following the old format, meaning it's still not updated. (It's supposed to be consistent with the version of all other pages, right?). I used the Include page macro as a workaround but it still doesn't appear the way i want to. Can you do something about this please? :( It's frustrating.

project home page.jpgoverview page.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2020

Hello there!

Thanks again for raising this with us. 

To start off, I want to discuss how the new and legacy editors are used across a Confluence Cloud site. 

The new editor is the default editor across your site, but if you want to be able to create a page using the legacy editor, you can choose the Legacy Editor Template, which you can read more about in the following discussion:

Any pages created using this new editing experience will be displayed with that editor. Pages that already existed on the Confluence site, or any created using the legacy editor instead, will be displayed with the old editor.

Now, you said that you made a draft for your homepage using the updated version, but when you transfer it to the overview page, it looks different. 

1. Could you confirm that when you created a draft for your homepage, you created a brand-new page using the new editor? You can show me how the edit mode looks on that page to confirm.
  2. When you mention that you transferred it over to the overview page, can you let me know what that means? I assume you might have created the page as a draft, and once you were happy with it, you edited the space settings to point to that new page as your home page.
  3. Is the space a Jira-linked space? Does the same occur with any other spaces on your site? There are a few bugs at the moment that points to a similar problem with Jira-linked spaces:
    • CONFCLOUD-69836 Reverting the overview page version in 'Software Project Space' changes the editor to TinyMCE
    • CONFCLOUD-69729 Creating new space associated with project through JSD has Overview page in old editor

If you can walk me through the steps you took, I can see why it might be displaying differently.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Shannon

e_capili May 29, 2020

Hey, Shannon!

Thanks for the patience as it took me a while to reply. I was about to send you screenshots of the overview legacy editor just now, but it seems like Confluence has now updated its editor. At the time I asked here, it looked like this:

convert to new editor.jpg

^But then I noticed that it could be converted to one using the new editor which was at the time not an option. 

Anyway, thanks! Super appreciate that you promptly responded. :) I am now one happy user!!! haha #problemsolved

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2020

Hello!

That's great; so now it's all working as expected? I'm glad to hear that!

If you have any other trouble let me know, otherwise, have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events