Our bitbucket service is not accessible via URL port 7990

romeo September 27, 2020

Hi, 

We are an on-prem deployed bitbucket server and it was working for months now. A week suddenly stopped working. When I restart it gives the below with success but the page is not loading.

Starting Bitbucket webapp at http://172.17.250.54:7990
The Bitbucket webapp has been started.

Appreciate your assistance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2020

If the page doesn't load, then either your network is not letting you connect, or the service is not running, or it is failing for some reason.

Assuming your network is ok, then what does the bitbucket log say the problem is?

romeo September 27, 2020

Hi Nic,

Thanks for replying. Here's is the logs when I try to restart the service. It seems there is issue on tomcat starting under port 7990.

APPLICATION FAILED TO START

Description:

The Tomcat connector configured to listen on port 7990 failed to start. The port may already be in use or the connector may be misconfigured.

Action:

Verify the connector's configuration, identify and stop any process that's listening on port 7990, or configure this application to listen on another port.

2020-09-27 19:21:35,209 INFO [main] c.a.b.i.boot.log.BuildInfoLogger Bitbucket 6.9.0 has shut down

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2020

Ok, that's pretty clear - either something is already running on 7990, or there is an error in the connector (check the server settings in <bitbucket home>/shared/bitbucket.properties file)

romeo September 27, 2020

When I checked my netstat, the application using the port 7990 is Java. Tried killing the process and restart the bitbucket service in my linux box still no luck. 

Where can I check the connector settings? I am using Centos for this server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

In the file I mentioned in my previous comment.

romeo September 28, 2020

Hi Nic,

Yes, I just changed it there still the same issue. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

So, assuming that there really is nothing else running on 7990, what is wrong in the properties file?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events