Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old bitbucket repository disappears

glinsky
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2022

I have not used my account for quite awhile.  None of my repositories appear there.  In particular is https://bitbucket.org/glinsky/qiworkbench.  Is there anyway to recover it?  It appears similar to this post:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/My-repositories-disappeared-after-inactivity/qaq-p/1070943

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2022

Hi, @glinsky, welcome to the community! 

Checking the repositories under your workspace, I confirmed all of them are Mercurial repositories, including the one you mentioned in your question. So this is the reason you can't see these repositories anymore. 

Currently, we can no longer make mercurial repositories available on the UI because the compatibility with Mercurial no longer exists in the application. However, we understand that your Mercurial repositories may have a lot of working hours invested, and that could be lost due to not being able to migrate it in time. Therefore, we worked on an alternative solution to export the raw data from these repositories, so you can recover this data. 

In order to do that, I have created an internal ticket for you using the email of your community account. 

You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket. Just in case you haven't received it, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket URL here. The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they have the URL.

In case you would like to read more about these changes, you can access this blog post: Sunsetting Mercurial support in Bitbucket.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

glinsky
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2022

I did not receive the link to the support ticket.  I just recently changed the email associated with this account.  The old email is now my wife's email, and it looks like your notifications of the discontinuation of Hg went into her junk email.  I have already transitioned to git about 8 years ago.  These repositories date from about 2011.  This does appear to be a good solution.

Please post a link to the support ticket here.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

Hi, @glinsky

This is the link to the request we created for you: 

I used the email associated with the account you used to create this question. If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know. 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2022

Hi everyone,

Atlassian made a decision to move away from maintaining and supporting Mercurial repositories in 2019.

This was announced in community:

and on our blog:

Bitbucket Cloud Support team is no longer able to restore those repositories.

If you are looking for a Mercurial repository that was public, all the public repos were archived by Software Heritage:

We will not be able to meet any further requests for recovery of private HG repositories and users will need to recover those from local copies only.

Kind regards,
Theodora

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events