Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email verification

sanjeewaS July 13, 2021

Hello

This is my colleague email address 'email_removed' that used to create new account , but he didnt receive any email to activate the account from atlassian.

Can you fix this issue pls ?

Thanks Sanjeewa S

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2021

Hi Sanjeewa and welcome to the community.

I checked in our system and I saw a hard bounce event for this email, created on 12th July 2021, with the error message:

550: 550 5.1.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: ... in virtual mailbox table

There might have been an attempt to create an account before the email was operational. The hard bounce informs us that the email does not exist and in this case, it is placed in a suppression list, as we no longer try to resend to non-existing emails.

I went ahead and removed the email from the suppression list.

Could you please ask your colleague to first check if their email account is working (e.g. you can try sending them a test email from your email)? If their email is operational now, they can then request another verification email.

A new verification email needs to be requested, as the previous ones were dropped.

Just a heads up, I removed the email address from your post for privacy reasons.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

sanjeewaS July 13, 2021

Great!. Its working :)

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

That's good to hear! Thank you for the update.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Mamatha.Narayana August 26, 2021

my collegue is also having the same issue,  i am the admin for  Jira access, i have sent out the invite for her to accept but she doesnt recieve the email notification for Jira , hence cant login into it . 

Please suggest 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events