Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email to complete 2FA for BitBucket

sebdel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to enable 2FA for my BitBucket account, but I never receive the email. 

Is my email blocked? Maybe it's related to this https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Not-receiving-email-to-complete-2FA-for-BitBucket/qaq-p/1763663.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2021

Hi @sebdel,

Does this concern the Bitbucket Cloud account that has the same email as your community account? I checked in our system and this email does not belong in any suppression list. I also checked our logs for any emails sent to that email address from Bitbucket Cloud during the last 24 hours, and I can see that several emails have been sent and all of them have been delivered to your email server. I cannot see whether any of them are 2FA emails or not though.

Could you please let me know:

1. If the email of the Bitbucket account where you are trying to set up 2FA is the same as the community account you used to make this post?
2. Is the email perhaps in your Spam folder? The email is sent from notifications-noreply@bitbucket.org
3. Do you receive any other Bitbucket emails in your inbox (e.g. PR or commit notifications)? I am just trying to understand if the issue seems to be specific to the 2FA email, or if you don't receive any Bitbucket Cloud notification emails at all.

Kind regards,
Theodora

sebdel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale ,

Thanks for the answer.

Sorry, I have a rule in my email box that routes emails from noreply@bitbucket.org to another directory. The mail is there.

Everything is OK now!

Best, 

Sebastien

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2021

Hi Sebastien,

Thank you for the update, that's good to hear!

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events