Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving bitbucket invitation emails

rune October 13, 2020

Hi

I just started working for new employer, but I am not able to access their bitbucket workspaces. I am not receiving any invitation emails that are supposed to have been sent. I don't understand why it doesn't work, I have received "Welcome to Bitbucket" emails and similar from Atlassian.

My email address is [redacted]

I have checked my spam folder, but it is empty.

regards,

Rune

14 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2020

Hello and welcome to the Community @rune , your email address was on a bounce list. We have removed it. Please ensure your email is working and try again. 

rune October 13, 2020

Thanks, now it works :)

paul.barclay December 23, 2020

Hi,

I am having a similar problem - email invitations are not being received but also the person I have invited: <email address removed by Atlassian staff> has signed up to Bitbucket but when I add them to my project the system looks like it can't find the account. Also, he is not receiving "Reset Password" link emails from Bitbucket.

Kind regards

Paul

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2020

Hi @paul.barclay ,

I've cleared out a block from our system for the email address you mentioned. Our mail service had received this error from your invitee's email server:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces.

Often we see this if someone has created a new alias or recently had their mailbox created; sometimes it takes a couple hours for mail providers to start accepting external mail for new mailboxes. If Bitbucket sends an email to that address before the mail server is ready with the new box, this can be the result.

I would expect mail to start delivering to that address correctly now, but please let us know if it doesn't!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

clucky March 18, 2021

Hi, I am having similar issue,I got started with a new employer, but I am not able to access their bitbucket workspaces. I am not receiving any invitation emails(from bitbucket invitation to repo) that are supposed to have been sent when im added to a repo. I'm not sure what the problem could be.

My email : clucky@panth.com

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2021

Hey @clucky , I've cleared out the block on your email address as well. Our mail service received this error from your organization's Office365 mail server:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. 

Rares Pintea April 6, 2021

Hi,

I have the same issue with this email address. Other emails are getting through just fine.

Thank you,

Rares

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2021

@Rares Pintea please contact Atlassian support and they can check your email address: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

andresramirez April 12, 2021

Im having the exact same issue, but I dont have the requested information from the support form, how can I know if my email is in a bounce list

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2021

Hey @andresramirez , I've confirmed you were on the bounce list and answered with more detail on your other Community question . Cheers!

Warren D'Costa May 13, 2021

Hi,

my email/account is <removed by Atlassian Support>. Seems same problem as others - have not been receiving for past few days. Can you please fix ASAP? How will I be notified when it's done? Thank you...

Kind Regards...Warren

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2021

Hi @Warren D'Costa , I see you were able to open a support ticket as well last week, and the support engineer working the ticket cleared out the email block for you. I'm glad to see your emails are flowing again! I've edited your email address out of the comment here on Community to protect your privacy. Cheers!

Raghava Bada Chinnappa September 15, 2021

Hi,

<Edited out by Atlassian Support> is me email. I am also not receiving any email notifications either from Jira or BitBucket. Please help me out.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
September 15, 2021

Hi @Raghava Bada Chinnappa ,

I show successful deliveries to your address on September 1, and no indications from our end that there are delivery failures. Can you double-check that your account has notifications enabled? Here are the instructions for Bitbucket copied from our support docs: 

Email notifications go to your primary email. If you have multiple email addresses defined for your account, only your primary email address receives notifications.

1. From your avatar in the bottom left, click Personal settings.

2. Click Notifications under General.

3. Depending on your current setting, click Enable email or Disable email.

On the Jira side, you'll want to work with a Jira Administrator to check the notification settings of projects you don't appear to be getting notifications from.

Cheers,
Daniel

Abdul Momen October 4, 2021

Having same issue with this email. <Edited out by Atlassian Support>
This email was closed and resumed after, After resuming i am not getting any invitation from bitbucket.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
October 4, 2021

Hi @Abdul Momen ,

I was able to confirm that the email address you listed wasn't able to receive notifications or invitations from our mail service. I've cleared out the pause for delivery on our system (which began when your email was closed), so you should be able to receive a new invitation now.

Cheers,

Like Abdul Momen likes this
arios_kaleidacare November 3, 2021

We are having a similar situation with email  <redacted by Atlassian Support>;  invitation does not arrive;  other users have received it

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2021

Hi @arios_kaleidacare - apologies for the delay in response. I see that user opened a case with Bitbucket support last week and they were able to clear the issue, similar to the issue others have noted here.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Community Support

Hernán Leandro Montagna February 2, 2022

We have the same problem with these emails [redacted], [redacted]
Hope you can help us

Thanks!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
February 2, 2022

Hi @Hernán Leandro Montagna 

I found the first email address was shown as having a block message, I have removed it.  However the latter does not appear to be on any current lists.  Perhaps it has already been removed.

Try it now.

Andy

Chen Grinkroog May 19, 2022

Hey @Andy Heinzer 
It seems like my email address is also blocked, I am not receiving any invitations.
Hope you can help me with this.
Thanks,
Chen

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 19, 2022

@Chen Grinkroog 

I found your address was on a suppression as well:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp

2021-08-19T17:22:04+00:00

I have removed this from the list.  Please ask your teammates to invite you again, it should work now.

Andy

Dom June 7, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer I'm also having this problem. Can you check if my email address is on a suppression list please? Many thanks. Dom

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2022

@Dom I was not able to find your address on the suppression list.  From our end it appears that mail is being delivered to your mailbox.  You might need to reach out to your mail administrator for more help here, but I also found that your team mate created this support case for additional help https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/11/BBS-187094

Dom June 9, 2022

thanks for you help here @Andy Heinzer - I've resolved this now.

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
monissiddiqui1 October 20, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer , I am facing same issue where I am unable to receive email invitations. Please check on my email as well. Looking forward for the support.

Thanks,

Monis

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2022

Hi @monissiddiqui1 I found the following error when our services were trying to send to your account:

451 4.7.650 The mail server [192.174.81.98] has been temporarily rate limited due to IP reputation. For e-mail delivery information, see https://postmaster.live.com (S775) [MW2NAM04FT038.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I have reached out to my internal mail support team and to microsoft's support here to investigate further.

Like monissiddiqui1 likes this
monissiddiqui1 October 21, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer , thank you for your response. Looking forward for the support further.

0 votes
Yasir Khan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

Hello our this email not receiving bitbucket repository invitation emails please check [redactedaddress]

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2024

Hi @Yasir Khan 

I am not seeing any bounce messages for users on that domain.  Perhaps someone else has cleared it from our side.  Or if this happens to be a Bitbucket server/Data Center instance (say if the site is not on bitbucket.org), than the invitations are not something I can see from our side.  If that's the case, you should reach out to the admin of that site for further assistance.

0 votes
Mary Filonova September 28, 2022

Hi! I have the same problem, 

"I just started working for a new employer, but I am not able to access their bitbucket workspaces. I am not receiving any invitation emails that are supposed to have been sent."

Any help would be much appreciated 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 28, 2022

Hi Mary,

Unfortunately, we have an incident at the moment that is related here.  There was a bounce message provided by your mail server when we sent this invitation to your address.  That error was

550 spamcop.mimecast.org Blocked - see https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?192.174.81.109. - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550 [-etPw1mVMiqqXXBhPM9YZg.uk244]

We have already had this address removed from spamcop's listings, but it seems that some services such as mimecast are still blocking these addresses.

I would recommend asking your bitbucket admin to try to invite you again.  If you are still not receiving this then you might want to reach out to your email administrator.  If your email administrator could add our outgoing email IP ranges to an allowlist or whitelist of the mimecast service your email server uses, this could prevent this kind of error from happening for everyone on your email domain.  There is a general guide on how to do this over in https://activereach.net/support/knowledge-base/email/basic-mimecast-guide/

0 votes
Srikanth Y June 27, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads / @Andy Heinzer

I am not receiving an email invite to create bitbucket account even though my manager is sending the invite multiple times. I guess, my email is added to suppression list. Could one of you please help?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2022

@Srikanth Y - I have not found any suppressions on the email address for this account.  Is there perhaps another email address you are using?

0 votes
Rodrigo Calabretta June 1, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads I having same issue, my manager just resend me more than twice the invitation link and the invitation never arrives to my email. Could you help me please?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
June 2, 2022

Hi @Rodrigo Calabretta 

I have removed your email address from our suppression list.

Please ask your manager to resend the invitation link once more.  It should work now.

Andy

Srikanth Y June 24, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer ,

Me and Rodrigo belongs to same team and I am also facing the same issue with my email. Can you please help?

Thanks,
Srikanth

0 votes
Christian Ytuza May 4, 2022

Hello,

I have the same problem, my mail was disabled for a while, and now my team is trying to add me to a repository, and I am not getting any invitation mail.

Can you help me please

Christian Ytuza May 4, 2022

the email with this problem is [redacted]

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2022

Hi @Christian Ytuza 

I found the following message in the suppression system

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp 2022-02-23T16:25:33+00:00

I have removed your address from this list.  Please ask your colleague to resend the invitation email again now.  It should work now.

Andy

0 votes
Greg Schuler April 18, 2022

I seem to be having the same trouble with a new employee - who actually re-joined our company after having been away for a couple of years.  [redacted] isn't getting invites.    Can you check your system for this?

Thanks you,

-Greg

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 18, 2022

Hi Greg,

I found this address was listed in the suppression list.  I have remove it from that list.  That user should be able to start receiving notifications again now.

Andy

Greg Schuler April 18, 2022

Thank you, Andy!   All fixed.

Greg Schuler February 9, 2023

Not sure if you are still monitoring this but having similar problem.  I think it is due to a temporary DMARC policy (since reverted).  Can you check as to why [redacted] isn't getting invites from JIRA/Bitbucket?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2023

@Greg Schuler We are experiencing an incident right now around email delivery.  See https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/incidents/q6q5df85568d for more details.

Greg Schuler February 9, 2023

Understood.  Thanks for the update!

0 votes
halabya April 12, 2022

Hello, I am having the same issue. A colleague is inviting me to their repo, and I am not receiving any emails.

my email is [redacted]

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2022

Hi @halabya 

I am not seeing that address as being suppressed on our email system.  I would suggest checking your spam folder for that message.  If you cannot find it there, then I also recommend reaching out to your email service provider for help here.

Andy

halabya April 12, 2022

Thanks a lot, it was in the spam folder, it just took a while to get there.

Thanks a lot for the prompt support.

0 votes
judy_jun April 4, 2022

Hello,

I am having similar issue. my team is trying to add me to a repo but I am not getting any invite email. 

Thanks

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2022

Hi @judy_jun 

I found there was a bounced message sent your account back in January of this year. The response from the SMTP server was that your account had been disabled at that time.  I have removed this suppression from our side.  So you should be able to receive new invitations now.  You can ask your colleagues to resend the invitation.

Cheers,

Andy

Like Daniel Eads likes this
0 votes
Shoaib Ayaz March 2, 2022

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issues as the one in the first post. previously i was receiving the emails but now invitation email are not coming.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2022

Hi,

I found there were previous failed email deliveries to your address.  I have removed these block entries from our system, so this should allow you to retry the invitations.

For other Bitbucket users that are not receiving email invitations, Atlassian's might not always be watching this thread.  It might be better to follow the steps in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/How-to-get-support-for-Bitbucket-Cloud-invitation-and/ba-p/1932959#M1438 in order to get the attention of Atlassian support to resolve this.

Andy

0 votes
acasari February 1, 2022

Hi

I just started working for new employer, but I am not able to access their bitbucket workspaces. I am not receiving any invitation emails that are supposed to have been sent.

My email address is <edited out by Atlassian Support>

Hope you can help me 

Thanks

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
February 1, 2022

Hi @acasari , welcome to the Community!

It looks like the repo invitations may have been sent before the mailbox was created with your new employer. Our mail service received a "mailbox does not exist" error when the invites were sent yesterday.

I've cleared the error from our mail service. If you have a team member send the repo invitations, they should deliver now.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
jkoradiya January 31, 2022

Hi, 

I am having similar issue, my team is trying to add me to a repo but I am not getting any invite email. 

Can someone help with?? 

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2022

@jkoradiya , welcome to the Community!

I've cleared the block on your email address. Please have your team re-send the repo invitation, and it should deliver this time.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Abhishek Ray December 5, 2021

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issues as the one in the first post. "I just started working for a new employer, but I am not able to access their bitbucket workspaces. I am not receiving any invitation emails that are supposed to have been sent.".

The difference is this for an employee

his email address is "<removed by Atlassian Support>"

Tanks,

Abhishek

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
December 6, 2021

Hi @Abhishek Ray ,

The employee you noted was experiencing the problem with email suppression. Our mail service received this error from Google's mail servers:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try  double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces.

We typically see this when the invitations to join a repository are sent to new employees before their mailboxes are ready to receive mail. It can take a short period of time between creating an account in G Suite and the mailbox being able to receive email.

If the invitation is resent from Bitbucket, it should attempt to deliver again now.

Cheers,

0 votes
igor_marenjak November 3, 2021

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issues as the one in the first post. "I just started working for a new employer, but I am not able to access their bitbucket workspaces. I am not receiving any invitation emails that are supposed to have been sent."

Tanks,

Igor

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2021

Hi @igor_marenjak , welcome to the Community!

Your email address returned a bounced message to our mail service on October 28, which kept additional emails from being delivered. I've cleared that delivery pause from our mail service, so additional attempts should go through.

I might suggest having an Office 365 administrator at your organization create a Mail Flow rule in the Exchange Admin Center to mark Atlassian-originated emails as safe/allow them to bypass spam filtering. Our outbound email IP addresses are publicly documented for this purpose:

167.89.0.0/17, 192.174.80.0/20, 147.253.208.0/20, 168.245.0.0/17, 34.211.27.137, 34.211.27.236, 34.213.22.229, 34.249.70.175, 34.251.56.38, 34.252.236.245, 52.51.22.205, 54.187.228.111, 34.209.119.136, 34.211.27.82, 34.212.5.76, 34.253.110.0, 34.253.57.155, 35.167.157.209, 35.167.7.36, 52.19.227.102, 52.24.176.31, 54.72.208.111, 54.72.24.111, 54.77.2.231

Cheers,
Daniel

igor_marenjak November 3, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads , 

Thank you for sorting this out, much appreciated :)

Will do the rules so things run smoothly 

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Igor

Colin Harrison
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 16, 2023

Having the same issue - although I'm receiving invites from certain users, just not from the admin

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2023

@Colin Harrison I have cleared the suppression to accounts on your domain.  I found a number of bounces that had this error:

550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. [AM3PEPF0000A791.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com 2023-11-10T11:00:26.356Z 08DBDE36C4A7ED50]

This bounce can be caused by your mail provider rejecting the message.  You might want to share this link with your mail admins https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Unblocking-Office365-emails-for-Atlassian-Cloud/ba-p/1870108 it contains steps that you can follow to help prevent this from happening again in the future.

Andy

Like Sabine Mayer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events