Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Not receiving bitbucket invitation emails

Edited

Hi

I just started working for new empoyer, but I am not able to access their bitbucket workspaces. I am not receiving any invitation emails that are supposed to have been sent. I don't understand why it doesn't work, I have received "Welcome to Bitbucket" emails and similar from Atlassian.

My email address is rune@keystone.no

I have checked my spam folder, but it is empty.

regards,

Rune

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tyler T Atlassian Team Oct 13, 2020

Hello and welcome to the Community @rune , your email address was on a bounce list. We have removed it. Please ensure your email is working and try again. 

Thanks, now it works :)

Hi,

I am having a similar problem - email invitations are not being received but also the person I have invited: <email address removed by Atlassian staff> has signed up to Bitbucket but when I add them to my project the system looks like it can't find the account. Also, he is not receiving "Reset Password" link emails from Bitbucket.

Kind regards

Paul

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 23, 2020

Hi @paul.barclay ,

I've cleared out a block from our system for the email address you mentioned. Our mail service had received this error from your invitee's email server:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces.

Often we see this if someone has created a new alias or recently had their mailbox created; sometimes it takes a couple hours for mail providers to start accepting external mail for new mailboxes. If Bitbucket sends an email to that address before the mail server is ready with the new box, this can be the result.

I would expect mail to start delivering to that address correctly now, but please let us know if it doesn't!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Hi, I am having similar issue,I got started with a new employer, but I am not able to access their bitbucket workspaces. I am not receiving any invitation emails(from bitbucket invitation to repo) that are supposed to have been sent when im added to a repo. I'm not sure what the problem could be.

My email : clucky@panth.com

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Mar 18, 2021

Hey @clucky , I've cleared out the block on your email address as well. Our mail service received this error from your organization's Office365 mail server:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. 

Hi,

I have the same issue with this email address. Other emails are getting through just fine.

Thank you,

Rares

Tyler T Atlassian Team Apr 06, 2021

@Rares Pintea please contact Atlassian support and they can check your email address: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Im having the exact same issue, but I dont have the requested information from the support form, how can I know if my email is in a bounce list

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Apr 12, 2021

Hey @andresramirez , I've confirmed you were on the bounce list and answered with more detail on your other Community question . Cheers!

Hi,

my email/account is <removed by Atlassian Support>. Seems same problem as others - have not been receiving for past few days. Can you please fix ASAP? How will I be notified when it's done? Thank you...

Kind Regards...Warren

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team May 17, 2021

Hi @Warren D'Costa , I see you were able to open a support ticket as well last week, and the support engineer working the ticket cleared out the email block for you. I'm glad to see your emails are flowing again! I've edited your email address out of the comment here on Community to protect your privacy. Cheers!

Hi,

<Edited out by Atlassian Support> is me email. I am also not receiving any email notifications either from Jira or BitBucket. Please help me out.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 15, 2021

Hi @Raghava Bada Chinnappa ,

I show successful deliveries to your address on September 1, and no indications from our end that there are delivery failures. Can you double-check that your account has notifications enabled? Here are the instructions for Bitbucket copied from our support docs: 

Email notifications go to your primary email. If you have multiple email addresses defined for your account, only your primary email address receives notifications.

1. From your avatar in the bottom left, click Personal settings.

2. Click Notifications under General.

3. Depending on your current setting, click Enable email or Disable email.

On the Jira side, you'll want to work with a Jira Administrator to check the notification settings of projects you don't appear to be getting notifications from.

Cheers,
Daniel

Having same issue with this email. <Edited out by Atlassian Support>
This email was closed and resumed after, After resuming i am not getting any invitation from bitbucket.

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 04, 2021

Hi @Abdul Momen ,

I was able to confirm that the email address you listed wasn't able to receive notifications or invitations from our mail service. I've cleared out the pause for delivery on our system (which began when your email was closed), so you should be able to receive a new invitation now.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Like Abdul Momen likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,827 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you