Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting recovery link to my email address

alltraydevops
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2021

Dear Support Team

I am having trouble with account login,  Please help

this is my project repository . https://bitbucket.org/alltray

last commit happened on 25 Oct 2020, 15:59 to alltray/org.at.ui.app.mobile repo. I got email to alltraydevops@gmail.com regarding the commit.

On 07/11/2020, I have changed the email address to devops@alltray.com. I got the confirmation email to alltraydevops@gmail.com regarding the change of email id.  

After long months I tried to login to my account using alltraydevops@gmail.com. It upgraded me to the new Atlassian account from bitbucket, then onwards, I am not able to see any of the repos.

Tried sending the recovery link to devops@alltray.com email id (since I forgot the password). But it's not sending me the recovery link.

Please help, I have lots of repos under this project, can't afford loose them

--

Regards,

Prasanna Bhat

2 answers

2 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2021

Hi Prasanna,

I checked in our system and I saw a hard bounce event for the email devops@alltray.com created today, with the error message:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces.

It looks that the email may not have been operational when you tried to send the recovery email and as a result we received a hard bounce response from your mail server. The hard bounce informs us that the email does not exist and in this case it is placed in a suppression list, as we no longer try to resend to non-existing emails.

I went ahead and removed the email from the suppression list. I would suggest to first make sure that your email account is working and that you can receive emails (e.g. you could send a test email from your gmail to devops@alltray.com) and then request a new password reset email (a new one needs to be sent, as the previous ones were dropped).

Please also note that log in to Bitbucket is possible only with the primary email (which is the email of the linked Atlassian account), and not with email aliases. When you switched your primary email to devops@alltray.com, the other email (alltraydevops@gmail.com) became an alias of the account. This is the reason why logging in with alltraydevops@gmail.com resulted in the creation of a new Bitbucket account.

Unless you change the account's primary email, you should use devops@alltray.com to log in to this account. If you want, you can delete now the second Bitbucket account that was created accidentally.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hi Prasanna,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

However: this is a community and not Atlassian Support. Commuity members will not be able to help you with account issues.

Atlassian Support can be be contacted via https://support.atlassian.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events