Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting invitation email

Jake Tawagon January 18, 2022

There's a new user joined company and I invited him as what I did before. However, this time the new user hasn't received anything. I tried to resend the invitation several times, and still, there's no invitation mail. 

I don't think it's due to the company mail server as we're using the same company mail server and others can receive invitation mail before.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Jake

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Jake Tawagon,

I can see two invitations that were sent, but not accepted, from one of the workspaces you administer.
One of them was sent a couple of hours ago, and the user's email was in one of our suppression lists.

I went ahead and removed this user's email from our suppression list, could you please resend the invitation now?
A new invitation needs to be sent as the previous ones were dropped.

This occurs when we try to send an email to a certain email address, and we receive a hard bounce response from that email's mail server indicating that the email address does not exist or that there is some other problem. This usually happens if an invitation is sent or a user tries to create a Bitbucket account before their email address is operational, so I would suggest ensuring that an email address is operational before invitations are sent and before users sign up for a Bitbucket Cloud account.

Regarding the second invitation that has not been accepted, this was sent a couple of days ago and I can see that it has been delivered to that email address's mail server. This email address is also not in any of our suppression lists. Did this user also report issues with not receiving the invitation, or was it only the other user with the most recent invitation?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Jake Tawagon January 19, 2022

@Theodora Boudale 

Thank you for the response. I did resend the invitation and the user has received it.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2022

You are very welcome Jake, it's good to hear that the issue is resolved.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Brian Ribeiro March 14, 2022

Dragomir Dragnev March 14, 2022

If the invitation is sent before you activate the email (login for first time) Atlassian is blacklisting this email. You need to send an email to the support to undo the blacklisting.

0 votes
Deleted user January 31, 2022

Hello, same problem here. I created Bitbucket account on last Monday and since then I cannot receive Bitbucket cloud repo access invitation mail either. Can you please help? Thanks!

0 votes
Dragomir Dragnev January 18, 2022

Same here, new user from Monday this week in not getting invites. Many were sent :/

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 19, 2022

Hi @Dragomir Dragnev, I'm going to look into your issue now.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 19, 2022

Hi @Dragomir Dragnev,

I do not see a Bitbucket Cloud account with the email of your community account. Do you have a Bitbucket Cloud account with a different email address or does this issue occur with another Cloud product?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Dragomir Dragnev January 31, 2022

The issue was with Jira. I was inviting a new team member. What happens to be the issue is that we sent her the invitation before we created the Email account. 

Another colleague of mine found that and was able to fix it. So no worries, Theodora, case closed from my side. Thanks!

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2022

That's good to hear, thank you for the update!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events