Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one can fork my repository

Ziyad Alsaeed January 13, 2023

Although the repository is public and has been forked many times before. Suddenly since yesterday no one can fork any of my public repositories! Is there a limit or something of that sort to the number of forks allowed (the repos are way below size limit).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2023

Hey @Ziyad Alsaeed & @Stefan Prelle 

G'day!

I am currently checking this internally and will get back to you guys as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Ziyad Alsaeed January 16, 2023

I appreciate looking into it but the response IMO is very slow for such a severe bug. This has been reported by @Stefan Prelle first 5 days ago.

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2023

Hey @Ziyad Alsaeed 

Apologize for the delay. Some of the team are out due to public Holidays.

We've verified that this is a bug and has created a public bug report. Please Vote and Watch it so that you'll receive an update when the bug is fixed at:

Cheers,
Syahrul

Like # people like this
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
January 18, 2023

Hey Everyone,

The bug has been fixed. I have personally verified that I can fork the public repository now.

Please let me know if this is still an issue.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Like # people like this
Ziyad Alsaeed January 14, 2023

Thank you for sharing this. At least now I know it is not because I missed up some repo settings.

Stefan Prelle January 14, 2023

Explicitly granting people read access helps. That grants fork permission too.

I am still confused that it is not possible to fork a public repository without that, but this is at least a workaround.

Like Ziyad Alsaeed likes this
Ziyad Alsaeed January 14, 2023

Nice trick. This is a good workaround if you know or have few people to add. But if you are opening the repo to the world, then this is just impossible.

I'm now positive that it is not me or a repo I own. Try looking up any public repo. You will see that you cannot fork it. This is a bitbucket issue, but not many are aware of it as it is hidden from repos admins. I.e., as an admin you can see that the fork button is there (exactly your workaround), otherwise the button is not there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events