Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No invitation e-mail, no matter what

Yuriy Smetana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 1, 2021

Hello! As a DevOps, I want to grant access for the user to the cloud repository.

The user is registered on Bitbucket but can see only personal space. E-mail is confirmed in user settings.

I am trying to search the user by name or e-mail with no success. I was trying to add the user in repo permissions, sent and re-sent invitation - but the user has never got the invitation e-mail.

E-mail works when I sending from other services. What can be done?

User email is [edited]

The last tries were today, June the 1st. Tnx!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Yuriy Smetana ,

I checked in our system and I saw a hard bounce event for the email you mentioned, created on 4th December 2020, with the message:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied.

It looks that there might have been an attempt to create an account or send an invitation back then, when the email was not operational. The hard bounce informs us that the email does not exist and in this case it is placed in a suppression list, as we no longer try to resend to non-existing emails.

I went ahead and removed the email from the suppression list, could you please try resending the invitation now?

A new invitation needs to be sent, as the previous ones were dropped.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Yuriy Smetana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 1, 2021

Thanks a million! Works now.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2021

That's good to hear and you are very welcome!

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events