Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Problem in Bitbucket Cloud: Unable to Access User Profiles from Commit Authors

Daimoussi_ Bilal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2024

I'm facing an issue in Bitbucket Cloud where I'm unable to navigate from the commit author to their user profile. Despite checking user profile settings and permissions, the problem persists. Notably, there are no issues with Jira and Confluence. Attached are screenshots of Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket for reference. Any guidance on resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jira:

jira_profile.png

Confluence: 

confluence_profile.png

Bitbucket Cloud:

bitbucket_example.png

1 answer

1 vote
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2024

Hello @Daimoussi_ Bilal and welcome to the Community!

It's indeed not currently possible to view a user's atlassian profile directly from Bitbucket Cloud by hovering the mouse over the user's avatar, as in the other products.

I went ahead and raised a feature request with our development team to include this functionality in Bitbucket as well : 

We encourage you to add your vote there, to help our product management team to understand the interest. You also have the option to set yourself as a watcher in the feature ticket, so you get notified by email whenever there's any progress on its implementation.

Thank you, @Daimoussi_ Bilal !

Patrik S

Daimoussi_ Bilal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2024

Hello @Patrik S ,

Thanks for addressing the issue and raising the feature request. I've voted for it and set myself as a watcher. Looking forward to seeing this feature added to Bitbucket Cloud!

Best,
Bilal

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events