cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing tests tab in bitbucket pipeline

Sam October 25, 2021

Hello everyone,

I've added jest-unit test reports which outputs to ./test-reports/junit.xml

The pipeline hasn't been changed, but I can see from the documentation and other community question threads that the build should pickup the test file report automatically and display a tests tab on the page.

So attached is a screenshot of the page, where you can see the pipeline is picking up the test report, but it's not showing the expected "Test" tab next to the "Build" tab in the top left.

What am I missing? Do I need to modify the build plan in any way?

In the pipeline I'm just running npm commands, the deployment included.

bitbucket-missing-tests.png

EDIT:

I'm aware that the docs mention "The Tests tab will only show if you have failed tests to review." (https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/test-reporting-in-pipelines/) but then I've seen threads in this forum where an Atlassian team member Philip Hodder said "We now display the successful tests too. But don't generate a full report." (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Where-do-I-view-pipeline-test-reports/qaq-p/689754) So I'm not sure which is right

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2021

Hi @Sam 

Welcome to the community!

I believe what Philip Hodder mention in the thread is that we now show the successful test in the step UI and not on the build UI as the failed test. Basically, the successful reports are shown as per the below screenshot while the failed report is shown in the pipeline build.

Successful report:
Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 11.40.30 AM.png

Failed report
test-tab.png

We also have an existing feature request on this to show success reports the same as failed reports, please Vote & Watch the feature request so that you'll receive an update whenever we have any at:

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any additional questions

Cheers,
Syahrul

Sam October 28, 2021

Thanks for clarifying

Like Syahrul likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events