Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror bitbucket cloud repos to codecommit

Adel.Nagaria November 12, 2020

Currently we are using mirror hook on bitbucket server to mirror to codecommit and run our pipelines and it appears smart mirroring is only used to mirror BB repos. Is there a mirror hook option option available in BB cloud? Or is it possible to use smart mirror to mirror to other repos?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2020

Hi Adel and welcome to the community!

I'm afraid that there is no mirror hook/plugin for Bitbucket Cloud. With Smart Mirroring it is possible to mirror Bitbucket Cloud repos to a Bitbucket Server instance, but it is not possible to mirror to another Git hosting service.

You could make use of Bitbucket Cloud webhooks to receive notifications on push in one of your own servers and then mirror to Codecommit.

Another approach that I've found online would be to make use of Bitbucket Pipelines to mirror content to Codecommit.

The following blog post contains some more info on this and may be useful:

Kind regards,
Theodora

Adel.Nagaria November 13, 2020

Thanks Theodora. This is really helpful, I will certainly look at the blog post, AWS also supports BitBucket as source for codepipeline using codestar integration (https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/devops/using-aws-codepipeline-and-aws-codestar-connections-to-deploy-from-bitbucket/) which is also an option. It also seems that BitBucket does not allow a service account, the app authorization/app password are tied to an individual account so there might be a challenge with integration. 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events