Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Merge back accounts

Was given a link on slack, where I joined with my academic email, which prompted me to sign in with slack, which I did. This created this account I'm currently posting from.

Problem is, that this mistakenly claimed an email from my primary account, which is now separate and I would like to join them back together again. Is there any possibility to do that?

1 answer

1 vote
Caroline R Atlassian Team Oct 22, 2021

Hi, @Martin Molzer! Welcome to the community! 

Yes, it’s possible. We currently don’t have a process to exactly merge accounts, but we do have a workaround for that. This is what we could do:

This way, both emails will be under the same Bitbucket account. However, you will still only be able to log in using the primary email. 

Please let me know if you would like to proceed with that and feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Thanks for reaching out.

The second account is empty in itself but (1) has been added to a private repository. (2) as far as I am aware has an academic plan applied.

When removing this account, I'd guess the repository access won't carry over? If this is the case, I would have to ask my supervisor to add the other account before we can proceed.

With regards to the academic plan, to my understanding this will be applied to the other account once I re-add the email and verify it?

Caroline R Atlassian Team Oct 26, 2021

Hi, @Martin Molzer

Thanks for getting back to me. Indeed, you will need to contact the admin of the repository you were invited to and ask them to invite you again, using the correct email. 

Regarding the academic plan, you don't need to worry as your old account is already under this plan, so nothing will change. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions so I can help you with them. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,229 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you