Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log into Bitbucket via Atlassian with Google account, but cannot log in from Visual Studio

Norman_Yuan April 29, 2021

First time user of Bitbucket. When being asked to logging in, I selected to use Google account. 

So, I do not need to enter/remember password, and have no issue to access my repos via browser. However, when it is time to access to the cloud repos from Visual Studio, say, I want to clone a repo to my computer, I am asked for user name/password to log in. I thought it would be my Google username/password, but it does not work.

Going to Atlassian account page (remember I can use Google account to log in without supplying password!), I cannot reset my Atlassian account's password, because I DO NOT have a current password! It is kind of catch-22 situation!

Anyone has idea how I can access to my remote repos in my situation? Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Norman_Yuan May 1, 2021

So, my work around is to sign up with another email address. To others who read this: do not choose to use Google account (or other third party account for authentication, thinking it might save from remember another password. It might work, it might not!

0 votes
Yassin BEN-NACEUR _FlowZess_ April 29, 2021

I had the same problem, nothing happens. I guess the browser should redirect back to VS but this is not happening. I decided to switch back to intelliJ community edition.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events