Link a stash server with multiple bamboo instance

Hi,

We have to upgrade our Bamboo server instance from 5.6.0 to 6.x. In order to test it first, I've set up a staging instance of Bamboo (which is a clone of our Bamboo production instance) on an independent staging server.

Our Bamboo production instance is linked to our Stash production instance. My question is :

Can you link 2 Bamboo instance using the same repo to 1 Stash server? I couldn't find documentation on that particular case and I'm wondering if it could mess something up on the Stash server end (For example : how would the branche build info react if you have 2 bamboo instance building from the same stash repo).

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote

Ni Nicolas,

There is no imposed limit to the number of Bamboo Server instances that you can connect to Bitbucket Server, as long as they all have their own unique Base URL, so you should be able to connect both Bamboo instances to Bitbucket Server at the same time.

If you create a clone of your production Bamboo instance to staging, you'll need to remove the application link from staging to Bitbucket Server (but don't let it delete the backlink from Bitbucket Server to Bamboo). Then you can recreate the application from staging to Bitbucket Server and should be all set.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your answer. I'll try this setup.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

714 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot