Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link a stash server with multiple bamboo instance

Nicolas_Grussenmeyer July 5, 2017

Hi,

We have to upgrade our Bamboo server instance from 5.6.0 to 6.x. In order to test it first, I've set up a staging instance of Bamboo (which is a clone of our Bamboo production instance) on an independent staging server.

Our Bamboo production instance is linked to our Stash production instance. My question is :

Can you link 2 Bamboo instance using the same repo to 1 Stash server? I couldn't find documentation on that particular case and I'm wondering if it could mess something up on the Stash server end (For example : how would the branche build info react if you have 2 bamboo instance building from the same stash repo).

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2017

Ni Nicolas,

There is no imposed limit to the number of Bamboo Server instances that you can connect to Bitbucket Server, as long as they all have their own unique Base URL, so you should be able to connect both Bamboo instances to Bitbucket Server at the same time.

If you create a clone of your production Bamboo instance to staging, you'll need to remove the application link from staging to Bitbucket Server (but don't let it delete the backlink from Bitbucket Server to Bamboo). Then you can recreate the application from staging to Bitbucket Server and should be all set.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Nicolas_Grussenmeyer July 6, 2017

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your answer. I'll try this setup.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events