Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira smart commits on side branches?

rotem August 18, 2019

I tried using Jira smart commits on our Jira+Bitbucket setup, trying to get it to resolve issues once fixes are pushed.

The problem is that once the commit is pushed to a side branch (not master, since it is important to run a CI pipeline on it first) -- the issue gets resolved immediately.

This is a rather strange default behavior, as all other implementations for automatic issue closing I've seen only perform the action once the commit hits a "finalized" branch -- otherwise one would be exposed to the possibility of forgetting to merge or removing the change altogether...

Is there a way around this behavior? Can I make the smart commit action(s) apply only when the fix lands in a certain branch?

1 answer

0 votes
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019
rotem August 19, 2019

That doesn't solve the issue at all, as it doesn't describe how to control which branches trigger the smart actions... Unless I'm missing something?

Wyatt Mufson November 17, 2020

This does not even attempt to answer the question

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events