Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jenkins not able to login with username and password anymore

From 24/08/2021 our Jenkins server is not able to login with a username and password anymore to discover repositories and to checkout. When I read the logs I get the following error:

Started by user "username of jenkins" (My personal credentials)
[Thu Aug 26 11:49:03 CEST 2021] Starting organization scan...
[Thu Aug 26 11:49:03 CEST 2021] Updating actions...
Looking up team details of "Team/project" (I have changed to conceal our name)
Connecting to https://bitbucket.org using Bitbucket user
Could not resolve team details
[Thu Aug 26 11:49:04 CEST 2021] Consulting Bitbucket Team/Project
Connecting to https://bitbucket.org using Bitbucket user
Looking up repositories of user "Team/project"
0 repositories were processed
[Thu Aug 26 11:49:04 CEST 2021] Finished organization scan. Scan took 0.81 sec
FATAL: Failed to recompute children
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.computed.ComputedFolder.orphanedItems(ComputedFolder.java:263)
	at com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.computed.ComputedFolder.updateChildren(ComputedFolder.java:285)
	at com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.computed.FolderComputation.run(FolderComputation.java:165)
	at jenkins.branch.OrganizationFolder$OrganizationScan.run(OrganizationFolder.java:1033)
	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:429)
Finished: FAILURE

It has always been able to scan the organization folder and connect to the bitbucket.org/team but for some reason it is not able anymore. The last success scan was on 24/08/2021. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi All,

We understand that you are facing errors with "bitbucket-branch-source-plugin" in Jenkins. The reason behind this is because the plugin was not updated before the depreciation of certain endpoints as mentioned below:

Link Deprecation Notice.

The plugin is not owned/maintained by Atlassian.

We can see that the plugin owners have been notified . To resolve this, the plugins needs to switch to the workspace APIs as defined in the document.

Kindly monitor the above issue for updates and workarounds on this. The plugin vendor would have to make this fix at their end.

Regards,
Bitbucket Cloud Support

Hi, we are experiencing the same issue since this morning. Any inputs how this can be resolved?

Like # people like this

Thanks. It is the solution for us.

Thank you for the info. We have used a fork of the plugin containing the fix but it is not merged yet (at this time). This is the issue we have followed: 

https://github.com/jenkinsci/bitbucket-branch-source-plugin/issues/473

I hope this will help others.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,223 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you