Is there an easy way to highlight a commit hash?

When I find the page for a commit I'm interested in I want to highlight the hash so I can copy it and paste it into a terminal. It's a link though so you can't highlight it properly it just drags.

When you hover over it the full thing appears just below but you can't highlight that because it disappears when you take your mouse off the link. It seems like Atlassian is playing a cruel joke.

1 answer

0 vote

You should be able to highlight the commit id and copy it, even if it is a link. Maybe your browser has a plugin or something that is causing an issue? Can you try it in another browser?

It's just as bad in Chrome. You can highlight it if you click at exactly the right place but if you click slightly to the right you follow the link instead and it's hard to get it right.

The link just links back to the page I was already on

Works for me but I can see why it might be little tricky clicking on the right place. Little things that can be frustrating :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Cloud? If so, let us know!

Hi Community, I'm Julia and I'm on the Jira Software Cloud marketing team!  We're looking for companies or teams using Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Software Cloud. If your team fits the t...

67 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you