Is there a way to show owners of repositories or code folders?

shchambe June 3, 2021

We've recently moved all our repositories from Bitbucket Server to Bitbucket Cloud.  On the server, we could easily see who owned particular repositories, but since migrating to the cloud, this option does not seem to be available.  I've looked through the settings and also do not see a way to add an owners field.  We have thousands of repositories, from many Agile teams, and it's been asked a few times now if this is available.  Does anyone know how to expose this data?

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2021

Hi @shchambe

Welcome to the community!

I am curious about the "ownership" term here, do you mean the user that created a repository (owner) or the user who created repositories (owner)?

Either way, in Bitbucket cloud we don't have ownership terms or some say as a super administrator. Bitbucket cloud split this into groups, anyone in the administrator group has all the admin access while users in the developer group only have limited access configured.

For example, anyone in the administrator group can create a repository. If someone from administrator groups creates a repository, everyone in the groups will have access to it. The one who makes the repositories is not the administrator of the repositories alone, instead, everyone in the group is the administrator of the repositories.

For more information, check out our KB at:

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events