Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change the branch the PR is pointed to automatically

Meagan February 16, 2022

So right now, all our PR's point to our dev branch automatically.test.png

However we have major branches for stories and branch off those story branches when doing subtasks. 

dev branch  -> story branch  -> subtask branch

Is there a way to automatically point PR's to the branch the current one is branched off of and not dev? 

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2022

Hi, @Meagan Hiatt, welcome to the community! 

As @Vishwas said, currently, the destination branch is always the branch that is configured as the Development branch under the branching model. In order to change that, you can access Repository settings > Branching model > under Development branch, you can select the main branch or a specific branch > click Save to apply the changes.

However, we have this feature request asking for this functionality as you can check on the link below:

I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. 

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request. 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Meagan August 12, 2022

Thank you! And I will add my vote to that feature request.

0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2022

Hey @Meagan Hiatt 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !!

My guess this is behaves because in "Repository Settings" --> "Branching model" the development branch is set to "develop" branch hence. And in the settings i checked there isn't a option to set automatic.

Regards,

Vishwas

Meagan August 12, 2022

Yea that's what I figured. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events