Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Smart mirroring feature is used for Bitbucket repos backup?

Apoorva HR September 4, 2020

Hi,

I want to setup a backup for my Bitbucket server. Is the smart mirroring feature in bitbucket is used for backup purpose? or what is the best and effective way of taking backup of my local bitbucket server. I am using Postgresql as a database.

Thanks,

Apoorva

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2020

Hi @Apoorva HR,

Smart mirroring is a different functionality available to Data Center users to allow for faster repository cloning, you don't need this to create backups for Bitbucket Server. In case anyone else is interested in this feature, they can learn more at Smart mirroring

In your case, what you need is the Bitbucket Server Data Client, which is available for free in our Marketplace. For instructions and steps on how to use it, you can follow this article from our knowledge base:

PostgreSQL is a supported database, and you'll find the right instructions in the article above.

I hope that helps you! If you need anything else or if you have further questions, let us know and we'll be more than happy to continue helping you.

Best regards,

Ana

Apoorva HR September 14, 2020

Thank you @Ana Retamal for the answer.

I am using Bitbucket DIY backup using the example DIY scripts. It's working fine aswell.

I wanted to know is there any way to check the integrity of the backup file(*.tar.gz) generated.

Thank you,

Apoorva

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events