Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is BitBucket supported on Windows Server Core?

Matt Harriger November 5, 2018

Is it possible to install BitBucket on Windows Server Core? That is, the edition of Windows Server that does not have a full GUI environment, but only has the commadn line and limited GUI support for running installers? The BitBucket documentation does not seem to address this, as far as I can find.

If anyone has done this, can you comment on any problems/difficulties you encountered?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2018

Hi @Matt Harriger,

Yes, it is possible to install Bitbucket Server on Windows without using a GUI.

As can be seen at Running the Bitbucket Server installer, you must tell Command Prompt / PowerShell to wait for the install4j process to use console / unattended mode by issuing a command like below in the directory into which the installer was downloaded:

start /wait installer_file_name.exe -c

After the installer finishes, you should be able to reach the web interface from another workstation by typing http://<bitbucket_host_name>:7990 in the web browser.

I hope this helps!

Felipe

Matt Harriger November 20, 2018

That does help, thanks!

Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2018

Hi Matt,

I am glad that helps!

Would you mind voting up on my answer and accepting it? This helps having it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks,

Felipe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events