Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Bitbucket cloud with Jira Software

subash_sagi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 17, 2020

Planning to integrate bitbucket cloud with the Jira software hosted on -prem behind a firewall using the below document

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/connect-bitbucket-cloud-to-jira-server-applications-814208991.html?_ga=2.233249310.1616046656.1597673961-282923058.1594666422

Do we need to whitelist any IP's in the Jira for this integration, Since we are using the Oauth for integration does it work without whitelisting?

If we need to whitelist what IP's (inbound or outbound) need to be whitelisted in this document.

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/what-are-the-bitbucket-cloud-ip-addresses-i-should-use-to-configure-my-corporate-firewall/

1 answer

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2020

Hi Subash

welcome to the Community.

On the whitelisting part, this is not required in the app itself but you might need to allow the traffic from/to the list IPs listed in https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/what-are-the-bitbucket-cloud-ip-addresses-i-should-use-to-configure-my-corporate-firewall/?_ga=2.137784374.740627341.1597699466-804938996.1597258826

Cheers

Kurt

subash_sagi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 17, 2020

Can you give me more details? how the communication happens from Jira if it has access to the Internet? does it still need to whitelist the inbound IP's of bitbucket?

And the outbound IP's mentioned in the document is said that it will be used by the Build pipelines.?

Does connection from Jira to bitbucket tries to reach bitbucket.org, api.bitbucket.org and altssh.bitbucket.org? if so why do we need to whitelist outbound IP's

This is what confuses me. Please clarify.

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

For the outgoing connections to bitbucket.org etc. it depends if your Jira instance is already able to access them

For inbound connections (just think on a git commit that had been pushed to bitbucket.org containing a reference to a Jira issue in the commit message that in the end will get linked to the Jira issue) your instance will need to be reachable from the listed hosts

I think in your case you can skip the pipeline related part

Cheers

Kurt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events