Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I stopped getting e-mail notifications from bitbucket

Irina Pykhova November 8, 2021

for about 10 days I don't get notifications from bitbucket, have to check for updates and new Pull Requests manually. Already checked notification settings, everything looks like it was when notification worked. My e-mail: <email removed due to privacy reasons>Jira and Confluence notifications look ok, only bitbucket has problem

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2021

Hi, @Irina Pykhova

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I checked our logs and confirmed that your email had a block on the server that prevented emails from being sent to your address. So I removed your email from this suppression list.

Could you please confirm if you receive the notifications now? 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Irina Pykhova November 8, 2021

thank you @Caroline R I got notifications today. Can you tell how my account got into suppression list?

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2021

Hi, @Irina Pykhova

The error message on the bounce that we removed was this:

554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

According to Sparkpost (our mail provider), it could be due to one of the following reasons:

1. The user clicked the list-unsubscribe header

2. The user clicked one of your emails and flagged it as SPAM. This FBL (Feedback Loop) event should add that email address to the Suppression List.

Could also be the case here that your mail server had some issue or was down at a time when we tried to send you a Bitbucket notification, and during the time of this malfunction, your mail server sent a hard bounce response.

So, If you didn’t take any of these actions (2, 3), I would assume that there was an issue with your mail server when we attempted to send a Bitbucket notification email to you.

I hope this clarifies the situation, but please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Irina Pykhova November 12, 2021

thank you, @Caroline R , it's clear now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events