Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help deleting my atlassian account

Deleted user September 27, 2021

I've been trying to delete my atlassian account, but when I try to delete it, that error appears:
Untitled.png
And when I go to my.atlassian.com I'm unable to change any settings on that subscription.
I'm unable to even see the workspace at https://bitbucket.org/amigosdovitinho/workspace/settings/plans/. The following message appears:Untitled.png
That workspace was created a long time ago as a test, and I want to delete it and my atlassian account.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

Ok, so you're looking in the wrong place here.

Your Atlassian account is named as the owner (primary billing contact) on at least one Atlassian system you are paying for.

You've looked at the settings on the subscription, which is right, but then you've wandered off into one of the systems that your account is the owner of.  This is actually an irrelevance here, you don't care if this account even has any access to that system.

Go back to my.atlassian.com/products/index and look at the list of systems you've got.  Expand each one to see who is named as the billing and technical owners.  

For each item where it names you, you will need to either:

• make sure there are other people named for it and remove yourself (you won't be able to remove yourself if you are the only owner)
  • cancel the subscription, destroying the system for everyone

Once you are no longer responsible for any systems, you'll be able to delete your account.

Deleted user September 30, 2021

Hi. Thanks for the help. How can I cancel the subscription? I am the only owner but that option doesn't show up.
Screenshot 2021-09-30 230053.png
When I click "here", that workspace message appears...
Untitled.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

Bitbucket is slightly different to the other two.  Try the "manage subscriptions" link instead, and look for the "delete account" link in the middle of the page you land on.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events