Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't receive invitation email

renan_massaroto March 3, 2021

Hi!

My team manager invited me to a repository, but I never received the invitation email. I checked into spam and there is nothing there. The email address is correct and he tried resending it multiple times but to no avail.

Can someone help me on this?

Thank you and best regards!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2021

Hi @renan_massaroto , welcome to the Community!

Our mail service received this error when trying to deliver the invitation email to your mail server:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [DM3NAM02FT023.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

According to the Office365 documentation for this particular error , it's likely a DNS misconfiguration causing this problem. You'll need to work with your domain's email administrator to resolve the problem, in Office365 and with your domain's DNS configuration. The linked document has some steps to go through and check to resolve the error.

Our mail service temporarily pauses sending new mail to email addresses when errors like this occur, in order not to flood the receiving mail server and to keep our mail service in good standing with spam detection services. I've cleared the pause for now - but you'll need to make sure the DNS problem is resolved before requesting another invitation email, or else our mail service might pause delivery to your email address again. If that happens, I will need to clear the pause again.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

renan_massaroto March 4, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads !

After you cleared the pause, I asked my team manager to sent the invite again and I successfully received it!

Thank you for the help!

Best regards!

Renan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events