I can't connect bitbucket to VS Code through Jira and Bitbucket plugin (Atlassian Labs)

Andre Oliveira November 12, 2021

I'm using Jira and Bitbucket plugin, but when I sign in Bitbucket I got an error with code 401.
I didn't find specific information in the documentation.
Would anyone know how to connect the Bitbucket in the VS Code and exactly the input values for the connection through ADD CUSTOM BITBUCKET SITE?
I need to make a pull request through the existing resources in this plugin.
Thank you very much if anyone can help.

2 answers

1 vote
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2021

Hi, @Andre Oliveira! Welcome to the community! 

Could you please confirm if you are trying to connect a Bitbucket Cloud or Server account with VS Code?

The following documentation shows how you can authenticate the VS Code extension with Jira and Bitbucket (both Cloud and Server):

As you can see there, the Add Custom Bitbucket Site is for Bitbucket Server, so in case you are trying to connect a Bitbucket Cloud account, you should select the other option, Login to Bitbucket Cloud.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Andre Oliveira November 16, 2021

Thank you so much, Caroline.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2021

I'm glad to help, Andre! :) 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

0 votes
Andries van Wyk January 30, 2023

Hi, I am having the same issue, but the link above does not resolve my issue.
When I sign into a custom bit bucket site, I get a 401 error. Sometimes, the 'sign in' button is greyed out as well.

Dinesh Loyapalli November 1, 2023

Hi Andries,

I am also facing the same issue. If you have fixed this issue, can you please let me know how you did it?

Thanks!

Andries van Wyk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 1, 2023

no luck sorry and our IT is being absolutely unsupportive. So we are not using it, sadly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events