Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to clone bit bucket repository from SourceTree

Mohammad Fraz Anwer July 26, 2019

Error Message: 

FATAL ERROR: Server unexpectedly closed network connection

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

I am trying to clone using SSH protocol. Can someone please take a look and let me know what can be the solution?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2019

Hi Mohammad,

We need to identify if the problem is coming from Sourcetree, or if there's any other issue trying to access the repo. For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried cloning your repository from the command line? You can find the instructions for this at Clone a repository. If the clone fails, that means there's something preventing you from connecting to the repo. If it succeeds, then it means something is failing between Sourcetree and your repository.

Let us know!

Ana

Mohammad Fraz Anwer August 6, 2019

I am able to clone the repository using git command line.

Like TaekYoung likes this
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2019

Thanks for your response, Mohammad. 

Can you confirm you added your SSH key to Sourcetree correctly? You can find the steps at Set up an SSH key.

If the SSH key has been added successfully and you're still having trouble, it could also be that there's something wrong with the server you are trying to connect to, or the network you are connecting over. Reading the logs on the server side will help, probably the system ones to see if the connection was severed or the service stopped.

Lastly, you can also have a look at the Sourcetree logs to see if the shed any more details. 

If after following these steps you're still having difficulties, please let us know the Sourcetree version and OS you're using so we can continue helping you.

Best regards,

Ana

Bkumari1 January 12, 2023

Hi I have tried everything and still unable to clone. My sourcetree version is 3.4.9

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events