How to solve Permission problem with c.a.s.i.p.GrantedPermissionVoterProvider

For some users the web-View is not usable as no content is shown, only the top menu bar and clicking does not render any content neither. The logfile shows the following message:

c.a.s.i.p.GrantedPermissionVoterProvider Permission voter for user xxxxx has expired and will be recalculated

Current user directory: Delegated ldap, some messing around with user directories has happened but without a dedicated event above problem showed up.

Where is this symptom coming from?

How could we reset affected areas without deleting and reinstalling everything?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Andreas! That's not an error message. The permission cache has expired and the permissions of the user need to be recalculated (which happens automatically). This is a way for the system to ensure cached permissions don't go stale, in case the cache isn't correctly invalidated when permissions change. It's not an indication of any issue; it's just something the system is doing.

The problem you described doesn't seem to be related to that message, and we need more info to be able to tell the cause. As we need files that might contain sensitive data, I've created a Support ticket for you, you'll receive an email notification shortly. I'll send you some instructions via that ticket, please reply to it so we can help you get this solved. 

Best regards :)
Ana

Hi Ana,

Could you provide us with the same email? Currently I see a lot of same staff in our log files and everything I've googled: this question.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,319 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you